12. Working out is not just good for your body. I am going to be honest…I haven’t worked out in a while. Hah! But there was a time when I was working out almost five days a week, and I don’t think I have ever felt better physically or mentally. It’s something I really am interested in getting back into. They aren’t lying to you when they say it is worth it.
13. Cities speak to my soul <3 This is something I have known about myself for awhile now. I always say that I have never been to a place that I didn’t fall in love with…and that is still true. I have been a lot of places (at least for someone my age). I think the tally right now is something like 5 countries and 12 states? Every single one of those places holds a tiny piece of my soul. I love the way traveling and experiencing new places (or old places in a new way) fills my heart with wonder!
14. It is important to surround yourself with people who are passionate about something. (It is even better when they are passionate about the same thing you are). I always find that when I spend a little bit of time with other musicians, or audio engineers, or actors, or people in the industry, that my excitement for what I’m doing increases.
15. Being thankful is a must. This doesn’t need a lot of explanation…but there is a wonderful power in saying thank you.
16. Lists are your friend ;) I love lists. Lists help me keep my life from spiraling out of control….simple as that!
17. There is no shame in doing things by yourself. Over these last few years, I have come to really enjoy doing things alone. That isn’t to say that company is not lovely and fun, but there is such a stigma on not having people around you all the time, and I think it is completely false. It’s okay to eat a meal alone. It’s okay to get coffee alone. There is no shame in it, because it helps you learn what you really enjoy, what you really like without having anyone else influence you. Dance to the music you enjoy. Eat the strange foods you like, and let it be that!
18. It’s okay to get excited about things! It is good to be interested in things. It is good to be excited about the things you are interested in! There is no point in trying to play it “cool.”
19. Learn to cook things. This is a big one, because food is kind of essential for this whole living thing. I’m really stoked about this next year because Connor (the fiance) and I are going to start cooking meals together each week when he moves here to find recipes that we like. Then we will compile a L I S T of our favorites and make a little cook book. I will tell you more about all of that in January! <3
20. Last One: Learn to finish the things you start. I think it is really difficult to put things into action sometimes. Coming up with the idea or the plan is just a small part of it…but seeing it through is a whole other monster. I am a lover of all things challenges/projects. A 30 day jogging challenge? Sure why not (I have yet to finish one of those. Whoops) A 40 day sunrise project? Absolutely! A year long cooking project with the love of my life…Yes Please! I think it keeps life interesting! So, here’s to seeing things through!